Monday, June 15, 2009

Is My Mother Still Around?

Is my mother still around?
When I was a kid I learned spirits of people wonder around finding rest and a place to stay. When I learned the Biblical way, people die and either go to eternal rest or to hell. It’s not the first time I’ve seen and heard things being moving and they were not even there. We’ve associated these to demons, evil spirits who pretend to be a loved one or just haunt a home to make the residents miserable.
I am in the favor that the souls of people do not return to earth once they die. The Bible states that “it is pointed to men to live once and after that judgment.” And Jesus in his parable said to the rich man who saw Lazarus in peace that no one will believe even if God sent a dead person to appear to the living. In other words God will not send the spirit of a dead person to earth to talk to someone. But my question is: how long will it take until the soul goes to the other side either to paradise or to hell?
With the last events of my life I’ve been experiencing the weirdest stuff in the past few days. If you read my last blog, my mother died two weeks ago. Even though no one wants to think a loved one is lost in the depths of hell, it could be a possibility, but I know my mother is saved and in peace with God. She was a very holy woman and loved God with all her heart and she avoided sin at all costs. Why he let her die I believe He has his reasons.
The night before I buried my mom and cried a lot looking at the computer picture I have of her, and prayed that God would give me one more chance to tell her how much I loved her.
When I arrived home after the burial I felt a calm presence, a feeling that someone was still there and looking at me. I thought it to be my mind only. But I walked past my mother’s room three times and the third it was stronger. I grew a fear inside of me because of the unknown. Maybe God granted me the request or maybe I’m just crazy. I held onto my chest the picture frame they used on her casket and I said loud, “Mom I love you, go in peace. I’ll meet you in heaven someday.”
After I said that the presence was gone. Was it my mother? It was weird. It felt good though, I felt happy. I recovered faster after that. A man at church, an old brother is Christ and father in faith confirmed with me that usually souls of people wonder around seeing everything that goes around until they are buried and the angels or demons come to pick them up. Of course I can’t rely on one’s stories. After all a witch of Endor in the Bible brought up the spirit of Samuel to tell Saul he was going die next day in Battle. Was it a demon or the actual Prophet Samuel? She was not a woman of God rather than a Satan worshiper.
What to believe?
For the past few days when I wake up I hear someone breathing like connected to a machine in the room from where I am. When I get there the noise is coming from there but it’s not there. My mom was breathing with oxygen mask the last few days she was alive. Is it that I’m supposed to hear? Maybe she or God wants to give me the opportunity to see what she was going through?
My mother couldn’t see, but my family often spoke loud she was going to die. Tears rolled down her face, so I hear from people who loved her to their souls. One day God will make them hear worse in a worse a situation. They will see how that feels. They often told her I was coming and if she wanted to see me. She would say yes, but the last thing she said was, “I’m not going to see him.” And so it was.
Today June 15, 2009, as I took a shower my father was at work and I was alone and door shut, I heard a few noises in among the ventilation noise of the bathroom’s ceiling. The shower was feeling relaxing but snapping noises was filling the corridor. I heard like someone saying something in the living room. The TV was on but not loud enough to hear it. That voice was distinct. I took a deep breath and walked naked to the window and looked at the gate which was still locked. When I went to the kitchen to make a sandwich, for my surprise, the front door was opened. I know I literally closed it, but is there something or someone trying to tell me something now? Is my mother still around, or some evil spirit taking advantage of the situation, or perhaps all these things are driving me crazy and I need to move on? Maybe the last two I should believe but I hope to find an answer from God somehow. He knows something I don’t.

No comments: